Carpal Tunnel Awake Hand Surgery London
Best Advice From Our Wide Awake Hand Surgeon Mr Bismil
Or click here
QASMC, Off Harley Street, Central London, United Kingdom
OSWA One Stop Wide Awake Carpal Tunnel Decompression
- The median nerve is a major peripheral nerve which runs through the carpal tunnel in the wrist.
- The carpal tunnel is a normal anatomical space through which the median nerve and the flexor tendons run
- In carpal tunnel syndrome the space inside the tunnel is reduced and the nerve is compressed
- If you have tingling, numbness and pain in the thumb, index, middle and the outside half of the ring finger you may have carpal tunnel syndrome.
- The symptoms are often worse at night
- If more conservative measures fail and if the symptoms are interfering with your life and activity then wide awake carpal tunnel release surgery may be a good option
- Carpal Tunnel Release (Decompression) Surgery involves release of the roof of the tunnel- the 'transverse carpal ligament'- shown in green in the diagram below.
- Throughout the world hand surgeons are evolving to wide awake carpal tunnel release; and our OSWA service has an almost 15 year experience of this procedure. Our service audit which has been published after peer review documents the outcomes in several hundred wide awake carpal tunnel decompressions which were performed within only one year of OSWA...
- please do not hesitate to get in touch if I can help.
- You can fill in this form
Or visit the carpal tunnel assessment microsite here
18-22 Queen Anne St
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, London, UK
The Biro Test To Enable One Stop Hand Surgery Pathway For Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Kumar, Bismil et al.
The "biro test" for autonomic dysfunction in carpal tunnel syndrome.
J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2008 Jun;33(3):355-7.